Cherry Blossoms, 1925
- Collectible giclée fine art print;
- Hand-printed in England, with individual embossing;
- Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity;
- Guaranteed archival quality for over a century;
- Each sale directly supports the artisan;
- Global shipping available;
- Listed dimensions include a white border for easy framing
ABOUT THIS IMAGE
Taken March 28th, 1925, Washington D.C, United States
(Library of Congress)
"Pictured are Sumi and Sada Tamura, daughters of Mr. Teijiro Tamura, former Third Secretary of the Japanese Embassy in the United States. From a photomechanical colour postcard I came across and cross-referencing satellite imagery, the picture was taken in in the morning of March 28th, 1925.
The location is almost exactly the same with only minor changes, so everything but the kimonos and umbrellas are fairly reliable. I took a departure from the kimonos on the coloured postcards I used for reference, and instead found other vintage children’s kimono’s I sampled off as I couldn’t find too much information about the Tamura family."
– Jordan J. Lloyd
"Sumi and Sada Tamura, [3/28/25]"
ABOUT OUR PRINTS
LISTED SIZESOur prints come in popular sizes with a white border for easy framing. Small prints will ship in a stiffened envelope rather than a postal tube.
S (A4) – 21 × 29.7 cm / 8.3 × 11.7 inches
M (A3) – 29.7 × 42 cm / 11.7 × 16.5 inches
L (A2) – 42 × 59.4 cm / 16.5 × 23.4 inches
XXL (A0) – 84.1 × 118.9 cm / 33.1 × 46.8 inches