Bait Box Mullets, 1938
- Collectible giclée fine art print;
- Hand-printed in England, with individual embossing;
- Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity;
- Guaranteed archival quality for over a century;
- Each sale directly supports the artisan;
- Global shipping available;
- Listed dimensions include a white border for easy framing
ABOUT THIS IMAGE
Taken January, 1938, Key West, Florida, United States
(Library of Congress)
"Rothstein visited Key West when he was 22 on field assignment from Roy Stryker, already then an accomplished photographer. The Keys were still recovering from the devastation of a 1935 hurricane, affecting its key industries, though new highway infrastructure was being built as a shift towards the Keys as a viable tourist destination. Here, southern Florida's clear waters yielded everything from sea sponge to the advertised mullet seen in this photograph, though, like so much of Florida's industry, was in decline due to the Great Depression. I have tried to locate the exact address, but there are several candidates long enough to have 1101 properties along it."
– Jordan J. Lloyd
"Bait seller. Key West, Florida."
ABOUT OUR PRINTS
LISTED SIZESOur prints come in popular sizes with a white border for easy framing. Small prints will ship in a stiffened envelope rather than a postal tube.
S (A4) – 21 × 29.7 cm / 8.3 × 11.7 inches
M (A3) – 29.7 × 42 cm / 11.7 × 16.5 inches
L (A2) – 42 × 59.4 cm / 16.5 × 23.4 inches
XXL (A0) – 84.1 × 118.9 cm / 33.1 × 46.8 inches