Smoking Boy, 1938
- Collectible giclée fine art print;
- Hand-printed in England, with individual embossing;
- Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity;
- Guaranteed archival quality for over a century;
- Each sale directly supports the artisan;
- Global shipping available;
- Listed dimensions include a white border for easy framing
ABOUT THIS IMAGE
Taken July, 1938, Baltimore, United States
(Library of Congress)
"I originally did this piece way back in something like 2013 when I was just starting out, and another version of it appeared in my first book, The Paper Time Machine. In the years since the book was released, I've learned a great deal more about the process of colorization and so I've taken to slowly remastering my entire back catalogue. Vachon's evocative picture of this young boy smoking was originally a different proportion but decided to crop it square for a colorized print. I used genuine colour slides taken around the same period as reference in the contrasts and colour adjustments for version 3 of this brilliant photograph."
– Jordan J. Lloyd
"Young boy in Baltimore slum area. Maryland."
ABOUT OUR PRINTS
LISTED SIZESOur prints come in popular sizes with a white border for easy framing.
S – 23 × 23 cm / 9 × 9 inches
M – 32 × 32 cm / 12.6 × 12.6 inches
L – 50 × 50 cm / 19.7 × 19.7 inches
XXL – 91 × 91 cm / 35.8 × 35.8 inches