Empire State Express, 1905
Colorized by Jordan J. Lloyd
based on an original dry plate negative by Detroit Publishing Co.
License this Image
- Collectible giclée fine art print;
- Hand-printed in England, with individual embossing;
- Ships with a Certificate of Authenticity;
- Guaranteed archival quality for over a century;
- Each sale directly supports the artisan;
- Global shipping available;
- Listed dimensions include a white border for easy framing
ABOUT THIS IMAGE
Taken c.1905, Syracuse, New York, United States
(Library of Congress)
"The Empire State Express was a passenger train running between New York City and Buffalo–a distance of 436 miles–in a blistering 7 hours and 6 minutes, with a top speed of 82 miles per hour."
– Jordan J. Lloyd
"The Empire State...you know she,
Rides on Eastern time.
The Empire State,
She rides on Eastern time,
She's the "rollingest" baby,
On the New York Central line."
– "Empire State Express" by Son House
This historical photograph has been meticulously researched and rendered into colour from a black and white original by a skilled artisan, continuing a craft tradition that has existed since photography began.
"Empire State Express (New York Central Railroad) passing thru Washington Street, Syracuse, N.Y."
ABOUT OUR PRINTS
LISTED SIZESOur prints come in popular sizes with a white border for easy framing. Small prints will ship in a stiffened envelope rather than a postal tube.
S (A4) – 21 × 29.7 cm / 8.3 × 11.7 inches
M (A3) – 29.7 × 42 cm / 11.7 × 16.5 inches
L (A2) – 42 × 59.4 cm / 16.5 × 23.4 inches
XXL (A0) – 84.1 × 118.9 cm / 33.1 × 46.8 inches